plant lights vs sunlight

Richard J. Sexton gnnavtel at
Tue Aug 2 09:45:07 EST 1994

In article <uad1123.775746685 at tdc>,
Graeme Lyall <uad1123 at> wrote:
>I'd like to read more about this ... could you suggest any references?
>I'm interested in being able to grow plants "out of season",
>and to speed up growth.

I'm not entirely certain of the name, but it's something on the order
of "Lighting for Plant Growth". Don't remember the authors name at
all, but I do remember it's published by Kent State Press.

One of the interesting things in the book is the how their work
yielded the modern (?) "wide spectrum gro-lux" fluorescent tube.

Richard J. Sexton                         richard at