NAPRALERT database

Ray Dobert rdobert at NALUSDA.GOV
Fri Aug 12 16:33:44 EST 1994

Serge,

The NAPALERT (Natural Products ALERT) database is maintained by Mary
Louise Quinn, Managaing Director, Napralert Database, PCRPS, College of
Pharmacy, Rm 304, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 S. Wood St.,
Chicago, IL  60680, email:quinn at pcog.pmmp.uic.edu

NAPRALERT is a relational database of world literature on the chemical
constituents and pharmacology of plant, microbial and animal (marine)
extracts.  It contains considerable data on the chemistry and
pharmacology (including human studies) of secondary metabolites of known
structure, derived from natural sources.

The database is available via bitnet, Internet, Compuserve and Prodigy.
It is also available from the Scientific and Technical Information
Network (STN).  I would contact the NAPRALERT staff to find out specifics.

Hope that this information helps.

Ray Dobert
| Raymond C. Dobert, Ph.D.                       voice: (301)-504-5340      |
| Coordinator, Biotechnology Information Center    Fax: (301)-504-7098      |
| Natl. Agricultural Library - USDA             email: rdobert at nalusda.gov  |
| 10301 Baltimore Blvd.                                biotech at nalusda.gov  |
| Beltsville, MD  20705-2351  USA                                           |