Biomedical versus Plant Biological Research Funding

Toby Bradshaw toby at
Fri Aug 19 16:22:13 EST 1994

In article <56434.CREBEIZ at>,
Constantin A. Rebeiz <CREBEIZ at UIUC.EDU> wrote:
>It is with surprise that I have recently learned that about six (6) billion
>dollars are available for biomedical research while only about 200 million
>dollars are available for all Plant Sciences in the U. S.  Does any one out
>there have a logical explanation for this discrepancy?

Politicians aren't dying of starvation.

Toby Bradshaw                       |
Department of Biochemistry          |  Will make genetic linkage maps
and College of Forest Resources     |            for food.
University of Washington, Seattle   |
toby at               |