Electofusion of plant proto's via BIORAD Gene Pulser??

Jeff jm15 at cornell.edu
Sun Aug 21 15:33:58 EST 1994

Hello Fellow Researchers:

	I want to fuse tobacco protoplasts using a Biorad Gene Pulser.  Biorad's
technical service/info. refers to experiments done by researchers several
years ago using old prototypes/homemade units.  Thus, I am hoping someone
is using Biorad's Gene Pulser and is willing to share their optimization
parameters for both maximum transient reporter gene expression and
recovery of stably-transformed calli.  If you have electrofusion
experience using plant protoplast other than tobacco, I welcome any
helpful comments you may have.  Thanks.

Cheers, Jeff