chlorophyll paper chromatography

MKOLOTILA at mecn.mass.edu MKOLOTILA at mecn.mass.edu
Tue Aug 23 08:21:33 EST 1994

Hi netters,

I have a question that I hope that one of you or more than one of you can
answer.  I will be teaching an intro biology course this fall and would like to
do a plant pigment extraction followed by paper chromatography.  All of the
techniques that I have found use methanol and pet ether and I would rather not
use pet ether if I can avoid it.  Is there any chromatography solvent solutions
for chlorophyll etc; that do not use pet ether but work reasonably well.  I
would appreciate hearing about them.  Either e-mail me or post here.  Thanks a
bunch.

Sincerely,
Michael

* Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.             ** e-mail:  mkolotila at mecn.mass.ed   *
* Biotechnology Program Coordinator                                           *
* Biotechnology Program                  ** phone:  (508)-374-3887            *
* Department of Natural Science                                               *
* Northern Essex Community College       ** fax:    (508)-374-3723            *
* 100 Elloitt Way                                                             *
* Haverhill, MA  01830-2399                                                   *