Pineapple plants

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Fri Dec 9 12:58:08 EST 1994

I have also had a pineapple for several years, although not as large
as yours.  What I have done to get mine to produce fruit is to put a
very ripe apple (ethylene gas is produced in the ripening process) in
with the plant.  Next, place the entire plant into a large, clear
garbage bag.  Keep like this for several days.  I have always done
this in the summer, but if the climate and liting of your apartment
is right you might get it to work this time of year.

Good luck,
			-Al

P.S. The fruit is not very large and  does not taste good at all,
     but it looks interesting.