Pineapple plants

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at
Fri Dec 9 12:58:08 EST 1994

I have also had a pineapple for several years, although not as large
as yours.  What I have done to get mine to produce fruit is to put a
very ripe apple (ethylene gas is produced in the ripening process) in
with the plant.  Next, place the entire plant into a large, clear
garbage bag.  Keep like this for several days.  I have always done
this in the summer, but if the climate and liting of your apartment
is right you might get it to work this time of year.

Good luck,

P.S. The fruit is not very large and  does not taste good at all,
     but it looks interesting.