propagation of CA natives

Barbara Barlow ez042353 at chip.ucdavis.edu
Mon Dec 19 17:12:55 EST 1994

I am a graduate student in environmental horticulture at Univ. of
California, Davis.  I will soon begin an internship with our arboretum
where we will be trying different methods of dormancy-release and
propagation of fire-following species of California native woody plants,
specifically Dendromecon, Romneya, Arctostaphylos, and Ceanothus.  We
will be doing experiments with both cuttings and seeds.

Any advice and/or literature I should know about?  (i haven't found much
research on the topic)

Lynn Barlow
blbarlow at ucdavis.edu