population genetics

John Bishop bishopj at botany.washington.edu
Mon Dec 19 19:12:50 EST 1994

In article <ZY-1HQv.bergted at delphi.com> Ilyssa Berg <bergted at delphi.com>
writes:
> I am searching the literature for information on the impact of pathogens on
> genetically similar (or diverse) plant populations.  If anyone can lead me
> towards some exciting studies done on this subject or has any opinions or
> insight they would like to shar
> with me, please reply.  Thanks.

Are you interested in agricultural examples or natural plant populations?  For
general plant pathogen interaction stuff in natural populations, some authors
which come to mind include: J.J. Burdon, Helen Miller Alexander, Janis
Antonovics, Matt Parker (especially for the question you asked), Andy Jarosz.
Likely journals to look for their articles include Ecology, Journal of Ecology,
Evolution and Phytopathology.  J.N. Thompson has some good discussion of
plant-pathogen coevolution in his new book, the coevolutionary process.  1994
U. Chicago. Oh! You should check out the book Plant Resistance to herbivores
and pathogens.  Ecology, evolution, and genetics, edited by R.S. Fritz and
Ellen Simms. 1992.  also U. Chicago.
Good luck!

--

John Bishop