Moss Strength

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 14:40:59 EST 1994

[ Article crossposted from bionet.general ]
[ Author was steve ]
[ Posted on 30 Jan 1994 16:10:23 GMT ]

I am working on a project looking at the adaptations mosses have for
avoiding herbivory.  One of the aspects we would like to look at is
physical strenth or toughness of the moss leaves and stems.  The problem
is taht moss leaves are too small for conventional strenght tests.  Does
any one have any suggestions on how we may be able find out either
quantitativley or qualaatively how strong mosses are?

Thanks,

steve