phytotoxicity test

RLK11 at psuvm.psu.edu RLK11 at psuvm.psu.edu
Fri Jan 7 14:29:06 EST 1994

Greetings!
As part of a class project, we would like to have students conduct a
seedling growth toxicity test using the herbicide atrazine.  We will
be testing corn seedlings but would also like to test a "weed" species.
Any suggestions as to a weed which is commonly associated with corn
crops?  Also... would anyone have information on, or suggestions as to
atrazine application dosages which would give us detectable results?
Ideally, we would like to apply atrazine at 4 or 5 different levels in
addition to our controls to obtain concentration response curves.
Proposed response variables include both mass and lengths of roots,
shoots, and entire plants.  Any help regarding this matter would be
greatly appreciated. :)

Ray

Graduate Degree Program in Ecology   *                                     *
The Pennsylvania State University    *  On Monday, when the sun is hot     *
9 Ferguson Building                  *  I wonder to myself alot:           *
University Park, PA  16802           *  'Now is it true, or is it not,     *
                                     *  'That what is which and which      *
Bitnet:    RLK11 AT PSUVM            *  'is what?'                         *
Internet:  RLK11 at PSUVM.PSU.EDU       *                      - A.A. Milne   *