new stomata list

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 13:53:36 EST 1994

I was interested to see Ellen Kearn's new 'stomata' list announced on
bionet.arabidopsis recently and I've asked her to post it to
bionet.plants because stomata are central to many aspects of plant
biology.  The first few articles on the stomata list are from people
introducing themselves with a brief life-history and their interests.

We have done this to some extent on bionet.plants before and I think it
is a good idea to do it again to (re)introduce ourselves to each other.

So, here is my 'life-history':

(1971-1975) BSc in Agricultural Botany at UCNW, Bangor (UK).

(1976-1980) PhD in Terry Mansfield's lab at Lancaster University (UK),
"A study of the physiology of stomatal guard cells".

(1980-1983) Post-Doc in Steve Martin's Lab at Plymouth Polytechnic (UK)
on the ion-transport mechanism in stomatal guard cells.

(1983-1984) Post-doc at NIAB, Cambridge (UK) on image analysis techniques
in relation to seed purity.

(1984-1987) Post-doc at MRC CAPCU, Edinburgh (UK) on SIMD parallel image
analysis applications in chromosome classification.

(1987-to date) Scientist at the Rowett Research Institute now working
on image analysis applications in relation to forage degradability.

	Tony.