Stomata and UV-B

P Aphalo pedro at castle.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 02:08:57 EST 1994

A. J. Travis' message says that a "list about stomata" is being
cross-posted to this group. What is the e-mail address of this
list? (I guess that messages from the list on stomata are fed into
bionet.plants, but not the other way around... 8-)

Maybe I should start with a short presentation of myself:

Degrees:
Ingeniero Agronomo (1982) Universidad de Buenos Aires
M Sc (Plant Production) (1989) Universidad de Buenos Aires (Prof. RA
Sanchez's  lab).
PhD (1991) University of Edinburgh (Prof. Paul  G. Jarvis' lab).

Research areas: stomatal physiology, photomorphogenesis, competition.

I am currently working for the Finnish Forest Research Institute at
Suonenjoki.

---------

I am writing a research plan for a grant application.  My idea is that
the effect of UV-B on the photosystems on which direct responses of
stomata to light depend is very poorly known.  Are there any recent, or
not so recent, references or ongoin research on this subject? Do you
think this is a worthwhile area of research?

Any ideas, references, and criticism would be appreciated. I'll rather
be criticised here than by the evaluators of the grant application! ;-)

Pedro.

 Pedro J. Aphalo

Formerly at:
 Intitute of Ecology and Resource Management
 University of Edinburgh
Now at:
 Finnish Forest Research Institute
 Suonenjoki Research Station