dsrinivas at dsrinivas at
Sat Jan 15 12:45:26 EST 1994

May I take this opportunity to introduce myself as S.Denduluri of Dept. of
Biology, Memorial University, St.John's, Canada. As I am completing my
second Ph.D very soon,I am looking for a Postdoc Position.
 My academic background and seven
years of experience include a M.Sc in "Cytogenetics" a M.Phil in
 and a Ph.D in "Plant Physiology and Biochemistry". The
research work for the M.Phil degree was on the "Toxicity of lead and its
interaction with chelating agents on some vegetable crops grown in sewage-
irrigated soil and for the first Ph.D was on the Effects of lead, Manganese
and chelating agents on some vegetable crops grown in sewage irrigated
soil". During that period I was involved in estimating various physiolgical
parameters (Plant Biomass, Ammonia-nitrogen, Nitrate-nitrogen, total
notrogen contents, growth parameters, photosynthesis, C:N ratio etc) of
plants exposed to metal stress besides estimating the accumulation of metal
ions in various tissues (roots stems, leaves and fruits). I also studied
the effect of metals on soil system.

At present I am finishing my second Ph.D  at Memorial
University, St.John's, Canada on "Role of lipid bodies in nitrogen-fixing
nodules of Sesbania.  All the course and research requrements towards this
degree have been completed. THE THESIS WILL BE SUBMITTED WITHIN A WEEK OR
SO. I was trained in nitrogen management especially in estimating the
levels of nitrogen fixation of legumes. I also have three months of
experience at Dept.of Forestry and Agriculture, St.John's, Canada in Soil-
Fertility Research, Nitrogen Transformations. I also conducted field and
lab oriented research to study the nutrient cycling. I also have experience
in handling the isotopes. I was also exposed to handle HPLC and Gas chromatography.
Currently some papers are in progress to submit to International Journals.

e-mail    dsrinivas at

Address for correspondence:
Department of Biology
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St.John's, NF, A1B 3X9

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and looking forward to
hearing from you.

Srinivas Denduluri

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of lead accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 51 (1) 40-45

Srinivas, D (1993) Reduction of manganese accumulation by ethylenediamine
tetraacetic acid and nitrilo triacetic acid in okra grown in sewage
irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. Toxicol. 52 (3) March 1994 (in press)

Srinivas, D (1993) Amemiorative effects of EDTA and NTA on lead toxicity in
okra grown in sewage irrigated soil. Bull. Environ. Cont. TOxicol. 52 (4):
April 1994.

Srinivas, D 1989) Effects of mercury and manganese on some physiolgical
aspects of radish (Rhapanus sativus L.) Proc. Environ. Pollu. p. 100-104.

Srinivas, D (1989). Role of chelating agents in supplying micronutrients to
plants. Vegetos. 2 (1) 115-116

Tongaria, P; Srinivas, D. and Singh, V.P. (1989). Assessment of three heavy
metals Hg, Cd, and Pb on germination and chlorophyll content of cowpea.
Vegetos. 2 (1) 101-103.

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas, D. (1993) Catalase activity and biogenesis of
microbodies in nitrogen-fixing root nodules of beach pea. Submitted to
"Cell Biology International". (in press)

Arya K. Bal and Srinivas D (1993) Fine structural characterstics of
plasmalemma- cell wall interface of inner cortical cells of nitrogen fixing
nodules (Submitted to Plant Sci. Lett.).

Srinivas, D and Bal A.K. (1992) Oleosomes (lipid bgodies) in Sesbania
rostrata stem and root nodules. In: 9th International Conference on
Nitrogen Fixation. Mexico.

Srinivas D (1993) Nitrogen metabolism in microbes and plants. Submitted to
Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1993) Is allocation of carbohydrates and woodiness of plants
determine by potassium? Submitted to Biol. Edu. (in press)

Srinivas, D (1991) Dioecism in flowering plants: Causes and Evolution. Biol
. Edu. 2: 93-100

Srinivas, D (1989). Increasing protein content. Biol. Edu. 6 (1) 28-30