Growth analysis

ABMB000 ABMB at MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 18 06:14:45 EST 1994

> A colleague has lots of growth analysis data for Arabidopsis
> plants (both wild type and mutant strains). Can anyone suggest
> packages she might consider to analyse the data?  We are
> interested in commercial/public domain software to run on
> a PC rather than unix/mainframe.  Thanks in advance
>
> Andrew Berry
> awb at uk.ac.aber

I and many of my friends and associates have always found Excel 4 for wi
ndows very usefull for many bio calculations. The academic version is ab
out $200 Australian and it can be fairly easy to use. If you have no bac
k round in spreadsheets then there are many books available for refernci
ng. SPSS is also another good package but the interface is not as pretty
as Excel but much more powerfull.
Feel free to ask me more if you need to directly.

MIROSLAV BELIK                            E-MAIL   M.BELIK at UWS.EDU.AU
UNIVERSITY WESTERN SYDNEY, MACARTHUR.     TEL. 61-46-203-520
FAC. BUS. & TECH.                         FAX. 61-46-266-683
P.O. BOX 555, CAMPBELLTOWN
NSW 2560
AUSTRALIA