Call your Congressperson for free

Bonzo buffalo at panix.com
Mon Jan 17 14:36:25 EST 1994

[ Article crossposted from alt.activism ]
[ Author was Bonzo ]
[ Posted on 12 Jan 1994 19:14:11 -0500 ]

For the past two years I've been a subscriber to the best-kept secret in
the long distance phone service industry:  Working Assets Long Distance.
Any progressive thinker should know about this incredible company.  First
of all, every month they send me a bill that highlights various timely
issues and tells me which corporate leaders and politicians I should call
or write--and if I call them on Monday, WALD pays for the call!! (If I
call them on any other day, the call is discounted 20%).  Second, WALD
donates 1% of my bill (actually of everyone's bill) to nonprofit action
groups like Public Citizen, Union of Concerned Scientists, Greenpeace,
Amnesty International, and Pro-Choice Resource Center.  Third, WALD is the
only phone company that prints bills on unbleached 100% post-consumer
recycled paper (plus: WALD plants 17 trees for every ton of paper they
use).  Finally, WALD's rates are very competitive with other long distance
service providers and they offer 25% discounts on calls made to other WALD
customers.

Last month, WALD paid for my calls to my Senators who asked to stop
Clinton from nuclear weapons testing and to push for a permanent test ban.

Are there any other WALD subscribers out there?  I'd love to hear from you.

Peace.
BT