Call your Congressperson for free

Bonzo buffalo at
Mon Jan 17 14:36:25 EST 1994

[ Article crossposted from alt.activism ]
[ Author was Bonzo ]
[ Posted on 12 Jan 1994 19:14:11 -0500 ]

For the past two years I've been a subscriber to the best-kept secret in
the long distance phone service industry:  Working Assets Long Distance.
Any progressive thinker should know about this incredible company.  First
of all, every month they send me a bill that highlights various timely
issues and tells me which corporate leaders and politicians I should call
or write--and if I call them on Monday, WALD pays for the call!! (If I
call them on any other day, the call is discounted 20%).  Second, WALD
donates 1% of my bill (actually of everyone's bill) to nonprofit action
groups like Public Citizen, Union of Concerned Scientists, Greenpeace,
Amnesty International, and Pro-Choice Resource Center.  Third, WALD is the
only phone company that prints bills on unbleached 100% post-consumer
recycled paper (plus: WALD plants 17 trees for every ton of paper they
use).  Finally, WALD's rates are very competitive with other long distance
service providers and they offer 25% discounts on calls made to other WALD
Last month, WALD paid for my calls to my Senators who asked to stop
Clinton from nuclear weapons testing and to push for a permanent test ban.
Are there any other WALD subscribers out there?  I'd love to hear from you.