Poppy cultivar needed

Michael H. Bridges mbridges at tytownms.win.net
Sat Jan 22 05:49:36 EST 1994

>I am looking for a source for papaver somniferun.  I believe the
>cultivar is called 'Cedrick Morris' and the color is a deep
>purple.  I anyone has any ideas on sources for this I would like
>to hear from you.  If this is really not the appropriate forum
>for this question I would like to hear that too.
>
>cheers,
>
>bryan

Papaver somniferum is the Opium Poppy. I doubt you'll find an
advertised source, since cultivation in the USA is blatantly
illegal. This is not to say that the plants aren't grown, however. I
know of one botanical garden growing it openly.

Michael Bridges
Southern Perennials & Herbs
Tylertown, MS 39667

mbridges at tytownms.win.net