How to estimate greenhouse $$$ losses?

SCHMID at Butler.EDU SCHMID at Butler.EDU
Tue Jan 25 16:39:09 EST 1994

During the record cold last week here in Indianapolis, our greenhouse
suffered burst pipes and a hard freeze, leaving virtually everything dead.
For insurance purposes (we hope there will be some!), we are being
asked to  make a complete list of all plants, and give the value of each.
Does anyone have any suggestions on catalogs or something from which
we might make estimates?  The common house plants are bad enough,
but when it comes to tropical trees, 35 year old cycads, and large cacti
we're really at a loss.  Also, any ideas on where to buy or otherwise
obtain conservatory type stuff?

Kathy Schmid
Dept. of Biological Sciences
Butler University