Cacti & Succulents

Chris Williams P210 chriswil at brtph7f4.bnr.ca
Tue Jan 25 09:28:57 EST 1994

In article <2huprb$6uo at solaris.cc.vt.edu>, calsstu at vt.edu (Ernest Crvich) writes:
|> 	If anyone knows where I can find electronic information relating to the
|> hobby of growing cacti and succulents (indoors), such as newsgroups,

Don't know if you catch rec.gardens or not, so here's a recent article
describing what you may be looking for:

Article: 20337 of rec.gardens
From: jewett at opus.hpl.hp.com (Bob Jewett)

A new mailing list has just been formed for the discussion of cacti and
other succulents.  (A mailing list is basically a relay -- any message
you send to it is sent to all subscribers.)

If you would like to subscribe to it, you need to send email to a the
"list server", the e-mail address of which is listserv at opus.hpl.hp.com.
The subject is unimportant, but the body of the message should consist of
a single line like:

subscribe cacti_etc William McKinley

(Of course you should substitute your own real pronounceable non-electronic
name in the place of William's.)

After that, you will be sending messages to "cacti_etc at opus.hpl.hp.com",
as described in the automatic response you'll be getting.

Chris Williams                               chriswil at bnr.ca
Bell-Northern Research, Inc.
35 Davis Drive
P.O. Box 13478
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-3478

****************Insert standard disclaimer here********************
These are my opinions, not BNR's.  Mileage may vary. Void where
prohibited.  See your local dealer for more details.