HID burn on leaves?

Spiritual Advisor mffowler at flute.aix.calpoly.edu
Fri Jan 28 11:53:37 EST 1994

After being gone a few days, I noticed one of our plants in the
greenhouse with light burns.  It seems the exhaust has had problems and
the heat build-up was damaging.  This together with being close to 1000
watt HID lamp.  I only notice one plant to have this damage and am
positive it was from the above combination.  Question:  What will these
do in the long term, will this affect the plant, and should I remove
these leaves to uncover the healthy ones below?  Some of them have dried
out and decomposed naturally.  Others seem to have burned and normal
growth.  And some even have signs of overwatering, while the plant seems
to have recovered from this.  Please e-mail me any suggestions, but feel
free to post to bionet.plants, in order that, everyone read this.

Thank you and appreciation in advance,

michael

Michael F. Fowler			mffowler at oboe.aix.calpoly.edu
Department of Horticulture