Penetrance?

Paul G Johnson-1 john0130 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Mon Jan 31 08:39:51 EST 1994

What is the general view of the term and phenomena of "penetrance?" This
refers to differential expression of a phenotype under various environmental
conditions or genetic backgrounds, although the genotype of a plant or line is
the same. It seems to be a rather vague term.

My question arises because I may be seeing differing "penetrance" of
flowering genes in Poa annua due to environment and genetic background.

PJ
john0130 at gold.tc.umn.edu