Info on African herb

Jim Riosa riosa at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Jul 5 07:24:17 EST 1994

Since there seems to be some local expertise out there on African plants,
I hope I can glean a bit of information from you.  My wife picked up two
plants at the Royal Botanical Garden in Hamilton called Iboza, apparently
from South Africa.  We have been unable to find anything much out about
it.  It grows well outdoors, but must be propogated by cuttings and brought
in in winter.  It is apparently used as a fixative in incense.  Beyond that,
nothing.  Anybody know the proper (ie family, genus species) name and
anything else about it.
Thanks
Jim