plant-growing shareware

Zac Helmberger zac at cedar.spa.umn.edu
Wed Jul 6 00:53:14 EST 1994

On 5 Jul 1994 01:37:02 GMT,
Paul Postuma  <ppostuma at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

>I've written a little shareware program dealing with the propagation of
>plants from seeds and cuttings, dealing both with generals and specifics (
>pun intended).  I'm wondering where I could post this, for uploading.
>Anyone know of any sites, and who I'd have to contact?
>
>thanks, Paul

I think you can post it directly to this newsgroup. The only catch is that
is must be sent in ACSII and not in its binary executable form. ( Don't
quote me on this!) The easiest way is to post the source code as ascii text
if you wish to do this. Otherwise there is a program called uuencode which
fairly easily converts a binary file to an ascii text file which can then
be posted onto a newsgroup. For MACs I think there is a program called
StuffIt that does the same thing??

Zac