Water Culture

Dave Johnson djohnson at moose.uvm.edu
Sun Jul 10 09:30:48 EST 1994

Hi!

Been doing lots of reading about indoor gardening since I miss the
activities of home and live in the city. Now, lots of the material I have
been reading have been telling me about soiless gardens, hydroculture
etc, sounds like lots of fun. I have started already with a cutting of a
morning glory plant that one of the groundskeepers on campus gave me. I
am still waiting for it to begin to show roots....

Now, I am wondering, how should a cutting be maintained? Exposed to the
light or no? Should it go into a nutrient solution right off? What sort
of a nutrient solution should I put it into?

The books I have are pretty out of date, they give me conflicting answers
about starting and maintaining a cutting and what I should use for a
nutrient solution...

Another question I have, for once I have something really growing in a
nutrient solution, is should I move the solution with say a fishtank pump?
It would seem better, IMHO, to just use a simple airtank pump to move the
solution throughout the roots as to provide better nutrition.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ciao!
--
************			"Living in the Limelight, the universal dream,
Dave   *Tigger*			 for those who wish to seem,