blue light

kearns at MIT.EDU kearns at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 12 17:25:56 EST 1994

Hello Everyone,

Thanks, Thomas, for the refs. on stomatal terminology. I've been having some
luck with blue light opening in Columbia wild type. By lowering the CO2 in
my environmental chamber to approx. 400ppm and raising the relative humidity
to 70%, I get very open stomata after one hour of blue light approx. 175uE/m2/s
This was visualized in whole seedlings under phase contrast microscopy. There
was no preillumination or concurrent illumination with red. I'm doing a red
control now.

This is confirmed by porometer studies I did last week at room level CO2 approx
500ppm and 70% humidity.

Ellen