looking for images of plants

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Thu Jul 21 09:25:59 EST 1994

In <94200.174845ASB111 at psuvm.psu.edu> Aman Bawa <ASB111 at psuvm.psu.edu> writes:

>Hello.  I'm looking for images of plants on the net.  Especially looking for
>images of slides and stuff like that, if you know any good sites, could
>you please send me a note?  Thanks for your time.  Later... Aman.

---------------------- clip from BioSci.src ------------------------
The Harvard Herbaria has an extensive set of plant images
on-line.  Gopher over to huh.harvard.edu and enjoy!
(look in the top 10 items list).

In actual fact the images gopher has now moved to muse.bio.cornell.edu
but you can still get at it by choosing the menu item for
Biodiversity and Biological Collections Gopher

The image archive has the following menus,

     About this Biology Image Archive

     Search Biology Image Archive
     Full Image Catalog (ASCII)
     Image files
     Frequently Asked Questions about the JPEG image format
     JPEG Image File Viewers

For online viewing you could use mosaic and go to the URL

gopher://muse.bio.cornell.edu/11/images/files

Nice images well worth the trip.

RGDS -=ROB=-
 R. Andrew Harper                  E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302