Amaranthus library

Mark A. Saper saper at UMICH.EDU
Fri Jul 22 01:22:09 EST 1994

Plant biologists:

Our group has recently solved the three-dimensional crystal structure of the
lectin from Amaranthus caudatus (red seed variety), a grain often used in health
foods.  The structure appears to be unlike other grain or legume lectins
previously determined.  Though protein sequencing is in progress, there are some
problems.  We would like to clone this gene(s) to confirm the protein

We would like to know if anyone knows if a cDNA library from Amaranthus seeds is

Please reply directly to me at saper at

I appreciate your help.

Mark Saper, Biophysics Research Div, University of Michigan