HELP: How to grow Arabidopsis??

enyedi at wmich.edu enyedi at wmich.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:08:19 EST 1994

Greetings:

Is there FAQ somewhere which describes the "best way" the grow Arabadopsis
thaliana? If there isn't, could anyone provide me with information relating
to the following?

(a) suitable soil/potting mixes
(b) photoperiod
(c) PPFD
(d) nutritional requirements (how much; how often)
(e) diurnal temps (or should this be constant?)
(f) is a growth chamber necessary? or can I grow the plant on a bench top in
a teaching lab?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please post or respond to me via e-mail
(alex.enyedi at wmich.edu). Thank you!!!!

Alex

PS: if appropriate, a summary will be posted to the newsgroup
Dr. Alexander J. Enyedi
Dept of Biological Sciences
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008