In search of Japanese Hop Seed/Plants

R.S. Wallace S1.RSW at ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU
Wed Jul 27 00:13:26 EST 1994

     I am looking for a source of viable seed of the Japanese Hop,
^Humulus japonicus^ to grow for molecular systematic studies. If
anyone knows of a Botanic Garden or other source where this species
is grown (often as an ornamental) I would be very appreciative if
you could please send an e-mail message to me with the name/address/
etc. of the source.

     The original geographic range of this species is temperate East
Asia, but it has been widely cultivated for many years.  Any leads
would help!                                                   _
                                                             | |
     Thanks for reading this message!!!                  _   | |
                                                        | |  | |  _
     Dr. Rob Wallace          s1.rsw at isumvs.iastate.edu \  \_| | | |
     Dept. of Botany          TEL:  515-294-0367         \___  | | |
     Iowa State University    FAX:  515-294-1337             | | / |
     Ames, Iowa 50011-1020                                   |  __/
                                                             | |