Mathematical treatment of phyllotaxis - ref's requested

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 04:06:28 EST 1994

Thomas R Stanley (tstanley at EDU.ColoState.lamar) wrote:

: Can anybody out there point me to some good references on phyllotaxis?  I am
: interested in a very general but rigorous mathematical treatment of the
: subject, preferably developing the basic ideas from first principles.
: Please email me responses.  Thanks in advance.

A good recent book is: Sachs, T. (1991), Pattern formation in plant
tissues, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. ISBN 0 521 24865 5

	Tony.