bamboo query

chamberlinma at chamberlinma at
Thu Jun 9 12:13:21 EST 1994

In article <2t6lr9$o9t at>, <craigs at> writes:
> Path:!!!gatech!nntp.msstat!!!uxmail!!hk.super.
> From: craigs at (Mr. Craig S)
> Newsgroups: bionet.plants
> Subject: bamboo query
> Date: 9 Jun 1994 09:02:33 GMT
> i am a journalist at the asian wall street journal in hong kong. i am
> researching an article about bamboo and would appreciate any interesting
> factoids regarding bamboo, or the names of any bamboo experts, or the
> titles of any good books on any aspect of bamboo. any help is appreciated.

Dr. Lynn Clark in the Botany Dept of Iowa State Univ. (USA) is a Bamboo
taxonomist.  Her address and phone number are:

Department of Botany
Bessey Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa 50011
(515) 294-8218

I don't know if she is on the network, but her e-mail address maybe:
lclark at

You might also post your message on bionet.biology.grasses