yucca or yukka?

Julius L Heinis jheinis at mailer.fsu.edu
Sat Jun 25 19:37:31 EST 1994

Yucca filamentosa and other species grow in the southern US,
Mexico etc(). They can stand dryness, bad soil, bad management,
neglect. They grow in sun, partial shade. They have very sharp
long leaves and white flowers bellshaped on stalks several feet
high. The yucca moth pollinates the flowers. The flowering plant
then dies and is replaced by suckers.
	Spiny leaves can be a hazzard. I got some in my garden, they
just grow despite my dislikes of them.   JULIUS

--
Greetings from J.H., the learning machine!