Plant genome sizes

FJVAND00 at ukcc.uky.edu FJVAND00 at ukcc.uky.edu
Mon Jun 27 16:35:57 EST 1994

Netters,

A propos of a recent message requesting the genome size of some obscure plant
may I bring to your collective attention a useful reference:

Arumuganathan & Earle (1991) Nuclear DNA content of some important plant
species, Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, 9:208-218.

I apologise to those of you who do not need this information, but it may be
useful to some.  If you know of similar data for even more species (the above
has info on >100 spp.), perhaps you could let us know.

Regards,
Frank van de Loo
USDA/ARS, Lexington, KY.