house plants

Constance F Carr ccarr at uoguelph.ca
Thu Mar 17 22:02:11 EST 1994

Gene Bilney            2194 (gbilney at library.unt.edu) wrote:
: I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to ask this, I just found
: this newsgroup listed and thought I would give a try.
: I have a hoya carnosa (sp) for ages and have repotted it several times
: so it did not get root-bound. My question is this-why won't the #$^%&*(
: thing bloom? It is in my west window (my only window), I talk to it, I
: feed it appropiate, I water carefully but it just hangs there. Do I have
: a eunuch for a plant? I would hang it outside on my balcony (partial
: shade but very hot in summer) but I think it burns easily. HELP! I am
: desparate for some blooms. thanks in advance.

Hi,  I don't have any experience with that species either, but I do know
that for some plants, flowering is a sign of stress - usually root injury.
So perhaps you are being to nice to it, by repotting it all the time.
connie  :)