Electromagnetic fields and plant Growth

erling.floistad at ihb.nlh.no erling.floistad at ihb.nlh.no
Fri Mar 18 08:43:02 EST 1994

I've come up with a letter from an engineer on my desk, subject of
"Plant growth in magnetic fields".

Privately he has investigated the growth of bean, wheat and cress
seedlings in electromagnetic fields.  The "strength of his magnetism"
was 4-5 Gauss, at 9 Hz AC.  It doesn't tell me much, but he
says there were observable differences in growth inside and
outside his test devices. From a foto, the plants grown i the magnetic
field seemed more elongated.

Anyone else who has heard of such fenomena ?

Any references ?

                     Thanks in advance.

Erling Floistad                                  e-mail: hagef at nlh.no
Ph.D. Stud.,   Dept.Hort.& Crop Sci.             s-mail: Po.Box 5022
              div. of Vegetable Growing                  N-1432 AAS
          Agricultural University of Norway              NORWAY