Gibberelic Acid Solution Help

Willy A Verheulpen waverheu at rc1.vub.ac.be
Fri Mar 18 09:52:47 EST 1994

In article <199403181217.EAA14930 at net.bio.net> MRBILL at URIACC.URI.EDU (Bill Krul) writes:
>From: MRBILL at URIACC.URI.EDU (Bill Krul)
>Subject: Re: Gibberelic Acid Solution Help
>Date: 18 Mar 1994 04:17:16 -0800

 >We dissolve GA in absolute alcohol (10 to 50mg/ml) to create a stock
 solution f>rom which aliquots are added to water to obtain the desired final
 concentration>We also make a control solution (same amount of alcohol as used
 in stock diluti>on. GA is considered safe. If you eat Thompson seedless
 grapes you have been a>consumer of GA. However, we always caution our
 students to be careful with any>substance that comes froma bottle, why gamble
 with your well being-consider all> such subatances as toxic.

Additional question :
Can one use GA solutions onto plain soil to break seeds dormancy?
ie How stable is GA to hydolysis/degradation in soil?
Any ideas?