PHOTOSYNTHESIS what/how/when/where

Ricardo J Salvador rjsalvad at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 22 12:19:09 EST 1994

In article <steveb-210394212425 at ih-mac08.cso.uiuc.edu> steveb at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Steveb) writes:
>Ok I have a new project dealing with photosynthesis.  The idea is I have to
>create a photosynthetic structure the of a plant of which I previously
>created.  What I am looking for is information on the BASICS	of
>photosynthesis and the structures.  Any information on cycles, channels, or
>books or articles on structures are appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean by creating photosynthetic 'structures.' I
presume you're modeling plant development ("a plant of which I previously
created"), and now want to add photosynthetic routines. If this is the
case, then a useful reference would be the little book:

Boote, K. J. and R. S. Loomis. 1991. Modeling Crop Photosynthesis-
  from Biochemistry to Canopy. CSSA Spec. Publ. 19. Amer. Soc. Agron.
  Madison, Wisconsin.

This literally walks you from molecular to whole-canopy levels of
simulations for photosynthesis. BTW, this is one of the areas of
plant/crop modelling that is best known. You shouldn't have to reinvent
the wheel.

You may also wish to consult:

Penning de Vries, F.W.T., D. M. Jansen, H.F.M. ten Berge and A. Bakema.
  1989. Simulation of ecophysiological processses of growth in several
  annual crops. Simulation Monographs 29. Pudoc, Wageningen, Netherlands.

-Ricardo