leaf area analysis

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Tue Mar 22 08:24:18 EST 1994

SHEPHERD_JD at Edu.PeachNet.Mercer wrote:
: Date sent:  21-MAR-1994 16:19:12

: I need to get fairly accurate leaf areas from scanned images.  Does
: anyone have or know where I can get a program that calcuates areas
: (and dimensions?) from graphics files on a PC?  If the program estimated
: leaf damage area in holes etc, that would be a plus.

You'll probably get inundated with messages from people who use NIH
image on the Mac.  Unfortunately, NIH image isn't available for the PC.

Personally, I use Visilog from Noesis Inc. which would do what you
want.  You can read several graphics file formats into Visilog directly
including TIFF files.

	Tony.