I need name for Red Rose

MRLCC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU MRLCC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Wed Mar 23 21:02:23 EST 1994

Hello. I am looking for the sci name of the Red Rose. I'm not Botany literate,
so please forgive me if this it to general a question. I understand that there
are families and subfamilies. Specifically I am in search of the gene or genes
which produce the flower's scent. If anyone here can help me with any of the
following I would be grateful:

1) The gene/genes that code for a flower's scent, are they in a general form or
place on the plant genome?
2) The substance that is given off by the flower is it a direct protein of the
gene/genes in question?
3) Any information about where I might start my research on the internet or
otherwise.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please email information to the following:
-------