histochemical stain for potassium

John Cheeseman j-cheeseman at uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 27 21:49:15 EST 1994

Sodium cobaltinitrite is the actual stain.  It sounds from your note like
you might have got the recipe from Meidner's "class experiments in plant
physiology."  If so, you might write or call colin willmer at Stirling and
ask him for what he uses now.  Also, BDH apparently sells/sold a strip on
which one places a drop of liquid to quantify K... Merckoquant strip is
what it is called in Meidnger's book