tissue culture

Russell Poulter russell at SANGER.OTAGO.AC.NZ
Wed Mar 30 03:55:22 EST 1994

Hi,
	I am currently attempting to grow some Nicotiana in tissue culture,
with the intention of doing leaf disc transformations. However, my leaf discs
are curling up, and therefore only growing in the areas which are in contact
with the media. I am growing them on MS medium using various levels of NAA and
BAP. The pH of the media is correct prior to autoclaving (pH 5.8). In the past
they have grown properly, though I don't know what I am doing differently now.
	Has any body out there come across this problem? Did you find out what
was going wrong?
	HELP!!
		Nick Holton
		University of Otago