insect

wojcik wojcik at pmsrs4.pms.ford.com
Thu Mar 31 12:02:01 EST 1994

dodderer at uamont.edu wrote:
: My family has just started a small greenhouse and nursery business (about
: two years now), and we can't seem to get rid one particular insect.  We
: call them whiteflies, they're real small flying bugs who love to hang around
: hibiscus and datura almost exclusively.  I've tried Sevin and malathion but
: just can't seem to shake these pesky creatures.  My local coop ext. service
: said that malathion would do the trick.  Can anyone help?

	Might want to hang out some "sticky traps" which consist of yellow
disks coated with a sticky stuff. The white flies are attracted to the yellow
color and stick to the disks. They are tough to get rid of, and the traps
should keep them in check, without heavy-duty spraying.

Al Wojcik
FoMoCo., Dearborn MI                    "A lickey boom-boom down"
Zone 5                                                          - Snow
Internet:   wojcik at pmsrs4.pms.ford.com