Re. global change

LOGAND logand at msdos.montpellier.inra.fr
Mon May 16 09:14:51 EST 1994

The original message was received at Mon, 16 May 1994 14:50:08 +0200
from montpellier.inra.fr [192.93.73.1]

Didn't think my suggestion about tropical parasitivc plants was fool-proof and
certainly didn't expect the seeds to fly over the land and sea barriers! The
suggestion was that the seeds would be introduced accidently - many groups work
on these plants in Britain - there are no restrictions. Secondly, why would an
annual such as Striga overwinter (!!!!) - its life cycle is complete before the
host. I should think the seeds, which have remarkable viability, would
overwinter with no problem. Thirdly, are the differences between the Carolinas
and the South of England that great?
Disregard the suggestion - OK - but if you are going to talk it down, use
reasoned factual arguments.

DCL
Montpellier