Redwood Propagation

Michael PAUL Gery mgery at flute.aix.calpoly.edu
Tue May 24 14:42:42 EST 1994

	Does anyone out there know a good way to germinate coastal
redwood seed?  We have one at home (Martinez, Bay Area) and I collected
some seeds from its base.  I am no pro, but the seeds looked relatively
new, "fresh" and healthy.  Not knowing, I have put some in a regular
tray in my window sill.  They are in potting soil and the tray is
covered with saran wrap to keep in humidity.  I don't know if this is
correct and I don't expect much...  Is there a better way of doing this?
I would appreciate any help...  Please mail me directly and if there is
a demand, I will post a compilation of all of the help and the
contributors...  Thanks in advance...

--
*          Michael PAUL Gery          *              INTERNET:              *