COOKING PEPPERS, INFO WANTED!

dweddin at uoft02.utoledo.edu dweddin at uoft02.utoledo.edu
Tue Nov 1 12:25:56 EST 1994

I'm interested in peppers (i.e. red, green, haboneroes (sp?)) for
cooking. A friend of mine told me that there was a rating on how
*HOT* various peppers are to the taste.

Does anybody know what this unit is and how it is determined?

Does anybody have a list of each pepper and it's "hot" rating?

Lastly, I used to believe that the haboneroes (sp?) were supposed
to be the hottest peppers in the world. Then a chef friend of mine
said "no...the haboneroe is only the hottest commercially available
pepper, two are actually hotter but not for sale".

Does anybody have information on these peppers, where can you get them,
what are there names, etc.

please email me directly...i'm not in this news group often!

thanks in advance,

don wedding