Rhus Toxidendron Vaccine

mamber mamber at synapse.bms.com
Thu Nov 3 09:16:44 EST 1994

In article <38h3kf$br at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, cbarone at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu (Christopher Barone) says:

>Any information on the development of a vaccine or desensitization for pioson ivy
>would be graetly appreciated!

Every spring between about 1966 and 1972, I received 4 weekly IM (gluteal) injections of a
vaccine known as IVYOL, manufactured by Merck (I think).  It seemed to work for me but after
changing MDs, the new MD said that the product was no longer manufactured as a result of
the FDA claiming it really didn't work!  However, I think being poison ivy/oak-free for 6-7 years
was a bit more than a placebo effect.  SWM

mamber at synapse.bms.com