need info on Stevia rebaudiana

Conrad Richter conrad at
Tue Nov 8 15:17:36 EST 1994

ltaillef at writes:

> I would strongly appreciate if you could suggest me where I could find
> information on a plant called Sweet herb of Paraguay (Stevia rebaudiana).
> This plant is native to the highlands of Paragay and is of increasing interes
> as a natural sweetner.

Try Jame Duke's (1985) _CRC Handbook of Medicinal Plants_ (CRC Press, Boca
Raton, FL).

Conrad Richter

RICHTERS HERBS                     | Info:                 info at
Goodwood, ON  L0C 1A0, Canada      | Catalog Requests:  catalog at
Tel +1-905-640-6677  Fax 640-6641  | Conrad Richter:     conrad at