Tulips in November?

Paul DiFilippo bf369 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Mon Nov 28 21:50:59 EST 1994

In a previous article, garthwaitei at agresearch.cri.nz (Dr Ian Garthwaite, AgResearch) says:

>In article <CzxnuE.4Gq at freenet.carleton.ca> bf369 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Paul DiFilippo) writes:
>>From: bf369 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Paul DiFilippo)
>>Subject: Tulips in November?
>>Date: Sun, 27 Nov 1994 15:47:02 GMT
>

>>My tulips which were planted in October have already started to bloom
>>perhaps due to the warm fall.  Is this normal and will they continue
>>blooming in the spring or must we replant them?
>>--
>>=============================================================================
>>            Paul DiFilippo      bf369
>>            Nepean, Ontario
>>=============================================================================
>
>I don't see a problem with tulips flowering in November, They do here all the
>time in the land down under!!
>
>Enjoy your winter while we head to summer!!
>Dr Ian Garthwaite,       **  E-mail:
>Toxinology & Food Safety ** GarthwaiteI at AgResearch.CRI.NZ
>AgResearch Ruakura,      **                       *************
>Private Bag 3123,        ** "If I knew what I was doing,     **
>Hamilton, New Zealand.   ** It wouldn't be called research   **
>Phone + 64 7 838 5147.   ** If my boss knew what I was doing **
>Fax   + 64 7 838 5189.   ** He'd be mad!!"                   **

Oh sure!  I guess the tulips aren't a problem any more since they're now
under about 3 inches of snow and ice.  Why do we live here?  Hope you
enjoy your summer.