Two Faculty Positions at MU

John C. Walker jcw at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Oct 10 15:11:32 EST 1994

PLANT DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGIST AND PLANT EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST.
The Division of Biological Sciences at the University of Missouri - Columbia
invites applications for two new tenure-track positions (Assistant or
Associate Professor) in plant biology.  Candidates should:  (1) be using
diverse approaches to address important questions in plant development, or
(2) be addressing fundamental questions in plant systematics and developing
or testing evolutionary theory.  We are particularly interested in
candidates who bring a broad interdisciplinary approach to their research.
The primary consideration will be the quality of research and its
relationship to existing strengths in molecular biology, genetics or
population biology in Biological Sciences and the University's
Interdisciplinary Plant Group.  Commitment to excellence in teaching at all
levels is essential.  We are committed to increasing diversity in our
faculty and strongly encourage women and members of minority groups to
apply.  Send curriculum vitae, statements of research plans and teaching
interests, and three letters of reference by December 1, 1994 to:  John
David, Chair, Division of Biological Sciences, 105 Tucker Hall, University
of Missouri, Columbia, MO   65211.