Zeolite?

MonteH1096 monteh1096 at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 23:12:10 EST 1994

In article <37fsbr$kmh at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, disanche at scotty (Dion R. Sanchez)
writes:

>Does anyone know how applicable zeolite is for use on plants?  Is it
>effective?  Where can I get some.  Your help is much appriciated.

>Dion
>disanche at nmsu.edu

I have been looking into zeolite as a combination biofilter- planting
media for integrated intensive recirculating aquaculture.  It is used for
ammonia removal in fish systems.  Dr. Fredrick A. Mumpton (SUNY Brockport
Dept of Earth  Sciences - but may no longer be on staff there) is an
expert on zeolite.  I have the address for the Perlite Institute if that
would be of use.  Zeolite can be purchased from Aquatic Eco-systems
800.422.3939.  What would be your application ?
Direct reply MonteH1096 at AOL.com
Regards
Monte Huwyler
Voc. Inst. Hort NYSDOCS