PEST PLANT INFO NEEDED

Phil Stevens phil.stevens at nitelog.com
Wed Oct 19 17:15:00 EST 1994

Our forest restoration group is looking for additional
sources of information on several species of pest plants which we are
trying to eradicate in the state parks in the Santa Cruz mountains of
California. We're particularly interested in any studies that have
been made of lifecycles, dispersion vectors, and/or control methods.  If
anyone could point us to net sources for info on any or all of the
below, we (and the redwoods) would greatly appreciate it.

Invasive exotics of special concern in the Santa Cruz mountains:

Senecio mikanioides (German-ivy)
Genista canariensis (French broom, Canary Islands Broom)
Cortaderia jubata/C. selloana (Pampas grass)
Hedera helix (English ivy)
Eucalyptus spp.
Acacia spp.

Thanks.
 * RM 1.3 01326 * Ok, I'm an invertebrate punster. So slug me!